Your Canal Connection
News & Updates
Special Summer Tours - July-Sept, 2016
- "Tours at the Top"
Ride the Petersburg boats from Savannah Rapids Park, 3300 Evans-to-Locks Road
- Tues.-Sun., times vary - See Details
- Only $10 per ticket / 706-823-0440 x 4 Discovery Center & Gift Shop at Enterprise Mill
- NO boats depart from Discovery Center this summer as of June 29.
- Regular schedule resumes in the fall Summer Schedule Notes
- June 28. Last day for regular boat tours
- July 3-4. Discovery Center Closed
- July 5. Discovery Center open
- July 6. "Tours at the Top" begin at Savannah Rapids Park.
- Check out our latest video about Sibley Mill
the Augusta Canal. Whether you hike, bike, paddle, or just float through Augusta Canal’s history on a guided boat tour, we invite you to explore our recreation and outdoor experiences along miles of towpath, trail and canal waters.
The Augusta Canal weaves threads of history, scenery, and recreation into a delightful tapestry as it winds its way through Augusta, Georgia.
Hike or bike on the towpath edging the historic canal, which takes you past natural and urban landscapes, giving glimpses of wildlife, offering beautiful scenery, and surrounding you with nature and history. Fish from the canal banks, paddle a canoe or kayak in the gently moving waters, take one of several daily guided boat tours aboard a replica canal cargo boat, or kick back and relax on an evening Music Cruise.
Explore the nation's only industrial power canal still in use for its original purpose. Visit the Augusta Canal Discovery Center at Enterprise Mill to hear the stories of the people who built the canal in 1845 to harness the water and power of the Savannah River, and learn about the progress, problems and promise of its 170-year history.
Discovery Center and administrative offices located at 1450 Greene Street, Augusta, GA 30901